Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Check Your Pride At The Poop Scooper!

You've heard the expression "Check your pride at the door," right?  Well, in my case it is "Check your pride at the horse stall."

Financially times have hit rock bottom in our home. I won't go into sobby details because who cares.  It's rough, enough said.

So, lately I have been reaching out to anyone and everyone to try and drum up some additional income. In the past I've even cleaned homes of wealthy friends...literally scrubbing their toilets.  Tell me that wasn't humbling! lol

No matter what I did or who I reached out to, nothing came to be.

Well, today was definitely a first for me.  Now, you country girls and boys will look at me like a joke and I'm cool with that.  But I';m a big city girl, new to all this farm livin' stuff!

Anyway, I found myself mucking stalls and hauling poop across the pasture today for a couple of extra bucks.  I laughed and kept thinking... when my kids grow up and complain about hard work or a job not being good enough for them... oh boy, they are in for some "Back in my day I used to shovel horse crap and scrub rich schmucky toilets! Now get out there and quitchyer yappin!" HA!

Although I may have felt pretty low on the totem pole, I held my head high. An honest dollar.

1 comment:

  1. Never be ashamed of your hard work. You are setting an amazing example for your children!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!