Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Girlfriend Who is Totally My Boyfriend

Curious how that one works out, huh?

I have this friend.  We are so the Odd Couple and I love it. We could not be more different in so many ways!  but our quirkiness and weird just attracted each other and it stuck.  And I'm so glad it did.

Mrs. Neena has been my strength in messy messy times, my balance in the most unsturdy situations.  My calm. My crazy. My favorite giggle fit partner.  Sometimes I laugh because I think to myself (A sometimes overly lonely single mom )  "My goodness, this girl is so good to me.  She listens, she laughs, she encourages, she corrects...omg, she is so my boyfriend!  my girlfriend is so my boyfriend." I'm so twisted.

Either way.  My friend has strolled in, awkward swagger and all, and added a much needed love boost into my life and I am so grateful.

Today she turns 34 and this is just one example of why she is my favorite.  Yes, I have favorites. Don't judge.

Neena, you are crazy awkward, silly, fun, compassionate, loving, and wonderful. Thank You for being you to little ole me.  I love you.

Captain Underoos Forever!!!

I'll be your Edna, if you'll be my Esther...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!