Monday, October 1, 2012

A Very Merry UnAnniversary To Me!

So instead of celebrating my would be 8th wedding anniversary I am walking into school trying to piece together a better existence for my little family.

There may have been a time this would have made me sad, reflect on what could have been...but not anymore.

Things were awful. They were from the beginning and only got worse.

Getting up off the ground and pulling myself together enough to take baby steps toward a better future was the best choice I have made in years.

Never in a million years would I want to have children growing up in a broken home. But this life I have created for them is far more whole than anything I could have given them had I not left. We have hope now.

I'm not the type to ever celebrate a divorce. It is tragic in any case. However, I refuse to wallow in grief and resent what I should have or could have had.

I will rejoice in the new life we live. I will be grateful for the lessons I have learned. Embrace the struggles that have made me a deeper more insightful and compassionate woman.

Life doesn't always go according to our plan. But we can choose how we react to those little twists in our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!