Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Toss My Salad, I Won!!!"

Yep. Quote of the evening.  A delightfully awkward evening.

I've been attempting to embrace the "Why Not?!" attitude in this little life and do things that make for better stories. Tonight, that paid off.

A girlfriend of mine invited me to a "Romance Party" at her place this evening... not knowing what to expect I threw on my Why Not Hat, grabbed three girlfriends to ease the potential awkwardness and off we went!

To be honest, I expected the worst and hoped for the best. I imagined a crusty old lady waving a vibrating something-or-other telling all kinds of icky stories about her intimate life causing me to throw up a little in my mouth. Enticing.

We walked in trying to put on our "I'm totally cool and comfortable" faces and introduced ourselves to about 10 other women.  All I could think of was "Ok, we are going to have a crash course in the getting to know you department! Are you a closet freaky freak?!"  I couldn't help but giggle and blush when I saw the 65+ something lady that looked like she came straight from her Bunko or Bible Study sitting happily at the table next to a decorative whip. (She ended up being the 'wave the freaky flag' kinda gal! It was knee slapping, gut busting entertainment!)

I sat there trying to control my laughter tears as an absolutely wonderful, giggly girls night unfolded. It was classy, intimate, and hilarious. I had a calming moment as I looked around at all of these married women (I was the only single chick) who were suffering in the intimacy department with their husbands and needing a little boost to remember to enjoy their marriages and loved one. Women who were complaining of intimacy and boasting how much they despised it or even sharing tricks on how to decieve their husbands into thinking they were asleep were now rejuvenated...looking forward to opening up their bodies and hearts once again. Watching their negativity transform into excitement and joy was pretty amazing, believe it or not. There are some happy hubbies in North Georgia tonight, folks!

All in all this night was ridiculous and awesome. More friends are planning more parties and I can't wait to contribute to the silly games and awkward moments.  Slightly out of your comfy zone can be a funky fun place.

Say yes to something alittle whacky next time you are invited... Or maybe face a fear that has been snickering at you...As long as you are in healthy boundaries, try putting on your Why Not Hat and living a bit out of the box.

Have you done anything a little out of your comfy zone and went home with a smile?  Share it below, I would LOVE to hear!

Put in a little funky hop in your step, friends!

1 comment:

  1. There is certainly a happy husband here!!! Rawr!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!